WHAT is TREB?
The Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) was founded in 1920 by a small group of real estate practitioners. TREB is now Canada’s largest real estate board. There are more than 23,000 Members of TREB. It is committed to advancing the interest of real estate sales people and brokers who are a member of TREB. It is the main real Estate Board in the Great Toronto Area (GTA) that is the home board for Real Estate Agents in Toronto and nearby area. IT is also responsible o memberships, ethics and arbitration decisions and mandates much of the direction of membership with regards to the Public and the Government.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO ADD TREB IDX TO A WORDPRESS SITE?
So everyone needs to have a cut down in cost for yielding a good amount out of it. So here it is, just add TREB IDX to your WordPress Site! Thus no need of any special Real Estate theme or expensive realtor web service to add searchable MLS (Multiple Listing Service) listings to your WordPress site. Toronto Realtors can easily add searchable MLS property listings to a WordPress site with the free TREB IDX data feed, that will promote ALL TREB property listings on your website and not just your own featured listings.
STEPS TO ADD TREB IDX TO A WORDPRESS SITE:
- Create a new page in your WordPress site as “Property Search”.
- Pen down a brief description of text.
- Move to HTML view from Visual Editor and then copy and paste this line of code into your page below the text.
- Save the page as Draft.
- Get your own Unique API credential (code) to customize listings with your realtor information by following the below steps:
- Use Internet Explorer to login to torontomls.net.
- You’ll need to provide three pieces of information to login – User ID, PIN and Authenticator Password.
- After logging in click “Search Properties”.
- Click IDX Management.
- Under Manage IDX settings select “MYSELF” and click continue.
- Enter the URL of your website.
- Click Save and you’ll get an API code.
- After copying your API code and go back to your WordPress page. Look at the line of code from step 3 above and replace the words “PUT YOUR API CODE HERE” by pasting in your API code.
- You want to select a one column, no sidebar page template layout to display the full content.
- Save and Preview your new page. If you’re happy you can go ahead and publish the page.
HOW TO SUBMIT TORONTO REAL ESTATE BOARD (TREB) IDX AND VOW DATA ACCESS AGREEMENTS?
To build a website, or to get access to TREB MLS data for any other reason, you need to submit an IDX and VOW data access agreement online. Just remember you require these prerequisite:
Your membership #, PIN and authenticator token.
Thus you must be an active member with the credentials.
A technology provider
Decide on what website URLs you’ll be using.
This is for the audit purpose as TREB needs to know where you will be providing the data. You must provide at least one URL and maximum of three.
Give your technology provider and broker of record a heads up.
Both your technology provider and broker of record are anticipating approvals, thing tend to move along much faster. If everyone is on their toes you could have access in as little as 24 hours.
NOW FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS TO SUBMIT:
- Go to http://profile.torontomls.net/oas/common/login.jsp and login with your TREB credentials.
- Once logged in, click on the “Start New” tab.
- Click on the third option, “IDX Data Agreement” and click “Continue”
- Third party information is to be specified. See the below example.
- Enter the URLs of the website you intend to publish the data on.
- Click “Send to third party” on the bottom right of the page.
- To complete your VOW data access agreement click on the “Start New” tab.
- Click on “VOW Data Agreement” and click “Continue”.
- Technology provider’s information needs to be specified. See the below example.
- Enter your website URLs. Again, these are websites you intend to publish the data on.
- Click on the red text indicating “Send to AVP”.
- You technology provider will receive two emails asking them to authorize your agreements (IDX and VOW).
- After TREB authorizes you get access.